We are seeking a highly skilled Senior ASP.NET(VB.Net/C#) developer with a strong background in building scalable, predictable, high-quality and high-performance web applications on Microsoft technology. The candidate will be responsible for building and maintaining internal and external facing web applications and will work with a team of experienced analysts, developers and business resources to build high-performance enterprise systems that improve clinical outcomes and increase staff productivity and financial performance.
- Build new systems with .NET (4.0, 3.5, 2.0) / ASP.NET / VB.NET/C# / SQL Server 2008 to define technical solutions to problems
- Design, code, test, debug and document software according to the defined requirements
- Develop new functionality on our existing software products.
- Provide inputs to define project plans
- Provide technical and project co-ordination expertise across multiple areas of development
- Co-ordinate and communicate effectively with all levels of staff, senior management and customers
- Lead a team of senior developers and share knowledge.
- Diagnose and resolve issues related to the applications, analyze to find root causes
- Help Create and Present proposals to customers
- Work closely with other developers and end users to ensure technical compatibility with user needs
- Draw up a testing schedule for complete systems
- Oversee the implementation of a new system
- Keep abreast of technical and industry developments
- Participate in Requirement gathering sessions with clients, interact with the client’s technical teams.
- All other responsibilities as assigned
Skills / Attributes Required
- At least 4 to 5 years’ experience of using .NET development
- Experience of using ASP.NET for developing web applications
- A good understanding of T-SQL, MS SQL
- Strong knowledge of software implementation best practices.
- Strong experience designing and working with n-tier architectures (UI, Business Logic Layer, Data Access Layer) along with some experience with service-oriented architectures (SOA).
- Ability to design and optimize SQL Server 2008/ Oracle stored procedures.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) and computer science foundations, such as memory management and low-level algorithm performance.
- Experience with JQuery or similar technologies will be an added plus.
- Ability to analyze clients’ existing systems
- Ability to adapt quickly to an existing, complex environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and software as necessary.
- Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player and exhibit exceptional relationship management skills.
- Passionate about building high-quality systems with software implementation best practices while leading and mentoring a team of developers.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related area is preferred
- Competent use of English (reading, writing and speaking)
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools
- ORMs e.g. Entity Framework and NHibernate
- Ability to translate client requirements into highly specified project briefs
- Design patterns experience
- Experience of liaising extensively with external or internal clients